Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kamal Haasan about Manaroma's death

Everybody knows how much love and respect Kamal Haasan have for his senior artists. Because he grew up with them. He learned from them. As child artist, Kamal Haasan had the golden opportunity of being with the legendary artists like Shivaji Ganesan, MGR, Gemini Ganesan, Savithri, Nagesh, Manorama, Saroja Devi, Saukar Janaki and lots of other actors.

But child artist Kamal Haasan might not have realized with what kind of people he was spending time with. Only when grew up, He realized what kind of childwood he had. He always respected and loved these immensely talented senior artists and always wanted to work them. 

One such actress for whom Kamal Haasan had great respect was Manorama Aachi. When the most versatile actress of Tamil Cinema passed away on Saturday, This is what the Ulaga Nayagan Had to say about Manaroma Aachi

"When I met her a week back at a stage event, she took the audience's permission to recite by memory a 3 page soliloquy written by Kalaignar about 65 years back. Being part of the acting business for more than 60 years, the seasoned artist's hiatus had indeed affected her. Finishing her performance to the thunderous response from the audience, she reminded us that she's still got it

I had tears in my eyes when she got done with her act and looked at me for my approval. A loving person and a great performer, I would say, she and Nagesh are the mummy and daddy of Tamil cinema comedy. I am honored to have had their cheer and admiration for my work. Like all other millions of fans out there, I'm also going to miss her. I have done many films with her. Her's was a full life yet we've not had our fill as her admirers.


Thanks for the smile you etched on faces with your sharp wit mama. Thanks for everything funny and sad you shared with us. Soon your comic images will super-impose itself on this temporary sadness. Bye bye my loving funny mama."

watch the below given video to know how Kamal Haasan treasures the Moments spent with Aachi Manorama



Post a Comment

0 Comments