Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Padma Buhshan - Kamal Haasan

Yesterday, the Padma awards announced on the eve of the 65th Republic Day.

Padma Awards - the country's highest civilian awards, are conferred to eminent people for their contribution in the field of social work, public affairs, science and engineering, trade and industry, medicine, literature and education, sports, civil service.

Of the total 127 Padma Awardees, 27 are women and ten are foreigners, NRIs and PIOs. 2 Padma Vibhushan, 24 Padma Bhushan and 101 Padma Shri award winners were announced.

I am very happy when news came in that the “Ulaganayagan - Kamal Haasan”  and lyricist 'Vairamuthu' had been awarded the Padma Bhushan. but it is a late honour for the acting legend. Kamal Haasan was awarded the Padma Shri in 1990.

In a release sent to media houses, he said: “I think it is sheer chance and my good fortune that I have been chosen. I hope I would live long to do more to deserve this award. I don’t consider this an honour for work that I have already done. This would be an impetus for me to do more good work, perhaps only then would I deserve it. My heartfelt congratulations to the other Padma Bhushan awardees, especially my friend Mr. Vairamuthu.”

The awards will be presented by President Pranab Mukherjee at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan around March/April.

My heartly congratulations to Kamal Haasan, Vairamuthu, writers Anita Desai and Ruskin Bond, badminton player P.Gopichand and Leander Paes, Vidya Balan and Paresh Rawal, cricketers Yuvraj and Anjum Chopra and all the award winners.

One important thing that I want to stress is that, there are still lot of eminent people in all the feilds who deserves these awards, who were silently doing their job without expecting anything. the governament should identify and honour these people at the right time. 

The irony is some great people who had done some exceptional work in their chosen feild and who deserved these awards were alreday passed away and they were forgotten by the governament. these kind of things should not happen in the future.




Post a Comment

1 Comments

Comment is awaiting for approval