Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thank You Sachin

Yesterday was one of the important day in the history of world cricket as it marked the last match of the legendary Sachin Tendulkar.

Sachin the pride of India, retired from all form of the game. 24 years of long and glories journey ended. He made us proud all these years and yesterday he made us cry.

I think no other sports icon influenced the Indian children's and youths as much as Sachin did. and he will continue to inspire.

Personally for me, I become emotional when it comes to Sachin. I idealized Sachin my whole life and will continue doing this.

lot of things comes to my mind when I think about Sachin.The amount of time I spent watching him bat is something that amuses me today.

how he made us to forget all other things and tied us in front of TV sets. but i never regretted of spending time like that. because I spent my time witnessing the history.


I remember the times, how I used to struggle to watch Sachin's batting in neighbors homes because of lack of TV in our home. I remember the times when I saw Sachin in blue jersey in one of my friends home in color TV for the first time.

The day night matches were huge problem for me as i cant sit late night in neighbors home watching cricket. one of the matches that I missed like that was the match against Australia where Sachin smashed 143. now we can watch cricket any time we want. but in early 90's it was a different story.

I remember the time when people used to switch off the TV or change the channel, when Sachin gets out.

The only Ads I used watch were the ones which featured Sachin in it. 'Boost is secret of my energy. our energy' Ad with legendary Kapil, created a illusion in my mind that If I drink boost I may become like Sachin and Kapil, the two cricketers who inspired me my whole life.

I remember the discussions that we used to have in school, after every match especially about Sachin's batting.

The amount of time I spent in collecting Sachin's photos from newspapers  and magazines and paste them in a white notebook to create Sachin's Album.

The new year greetings my friends used to give me, most of them had Sachin in them. everyone knew how much I loved Sachin.

As a kid I grew up watching Sachin He inspired us. He made us play cricket for hours and hours. he devoured our time. He instilled in our mind the ambition to become like him.

I always tried to imitate Sachin's batting style and maneuvers and body language on the field. but I never managed to get it right.

All those cover drives with extraordinary timing and placement, the typical Sachin straight drive, the back foot punch, elegant leg glance, pull, hook, down the pitch and hitting over the long on etc.. every shot I used to try and whenever I got them right by chance, I used to considered it as a accomplishment.

So many times I watched cricket only to to concentrate on Sachin's batting to learn how he plays those shots.

Not just as a cricketer but as a human being Sachin inspired me lot. No big talks. No I am the great. He is very humble, down to earth and simple. That is what attracted us more towards Sachin.

It is hard to imagine cricket without Sachin. but that is how life goes. everything has to end one day. to make a meaningful sentence we have to put a full stop.
The man who spent 24 years playing for his nation, it is time to spend time with his family and Friends. I wish Sachin to have great life off the field with his family and friends.

Hundred's of Dhoni's and Kholi's may come in future but there is only one Sachin. there is no replacement.

Thank You Sachin for all those great cricket moments. we are proud of You.

I wish one day I would meet him and tell him, see you have devoured lot of time from life, to compensate that, I need a hug.















Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. We all proud of you SACHIN. Thanks my friend for remembering our childhood days.... I also had similar kind of experiences......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most of the indian kids had similar kind of experience i hope.
      thanks sunny for reading my post and commenting here.

      Delete

Comment is awaiting for approval