Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

National Book Fair 2014, Bangalore

National Book Fair 2014, Bangalore : Today morning I been to National Book Fair 2014, which is happening at BEL Grounds, Jalahalli,  here in Bangalore from 22.11.2014. tomorrow 30.11.2014 is the last day of this event.

Last year, Bangalore Book Festival which used to happen at palace ground was canceled due to some problem. I was really disappointed by that. because Bangalore Book Festival is the one event that I love to be at. from 2009, I’m attending this event regularly. but when it was cancelled last year, I was totally frustrated because I was waiting for this event from a year.

So I was searching for information in the internet for this years Bangalore Book Festival. as usual I didn’t get any information regarding the event. so I thought The Event will not happen this year also.
when I was reading the news paper, I came to know about the National Book Fair  that began on 22.11.14, where we can get books of various languages. so I was excited and decided to attend the event.

 So Today morning I went there. It was not as big as Bangalore Book Festival. Usually I purchase Tamil books in book festivals, because this is the only opportunity to find other language books of our choice. of course we can buy online, but online we can’t get what we want.  So I was searching for Tamil stores but I found only two Tamil stores. one is Khizakku Padhippagam and one more is Bharathi Puthakalayam.

I purchased the following Tamil Books

Khizakku Padhippagam store

1. Marina by Sujatha
2. Lajja by Taslima Nasrin
3. Rajeev Kolai Vazhakku by K.Ragothaman
4. Manidhanum Marmangalum by Madhan
5. Yudhargal: Varalaarum Vaazhkaiyum by Mukhil

Bharathi Puthakalayam store

1. Pudhumai Pitthan Kadhaigal
2. Tamilselvan Sirugadhaigal
3. Ayesha by Natarajan

while talking with the person in charge of Khizakku Padhippagam store, he revealed a very important information that I was searching in the net from past one year. that is about this years Bangalore Book festival. He told me that, it is going to start from December 19, 2014 at Place Ground, Bangalore. I was very happy to know this news. I am looking forward to attend the ‘Bangalore Book Festival 2014′.

The Government should encourage these kind of events rather than avoiding them.  one more important thing regarding these kind of events is the low publicity. very few people knew about Book Festivals. The organizers should promote the event more aggressively so that people can notice that such an event is happening. so that more people can come and buy books, to make the event successful.

Post a Comment

0 Comments