Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Dr Radhakrishnan Birthday


Today is Teachers Day. Dr Radhakrishnan's birthday.

It brings back the memories of my school days and my Teachers. after school, I am sorry to say that, I didn't find the kind of Teacher or Lecturer or professor that I hoped for.

I had some great Teachers who really influenced my life very much and continues to inspire me till this day.



In primary school Srinivas sir, Harish sir and Shankar Sir were the teachers that I liked more. They used to taught well in class. They treated us like friends. They used to invite us to play  cricket in the evening and weekends. They used to share lunch and breakfast with us. I don't know how many Teachers treat 5th or 6th std kid as friends.

Harish and Shankar sir left our school after some year. I used to write letters to both of them. I got replies from Shankar sir but Harish sir didn't replied. I still have the letters I got from Shankar sir. after some years I lost touch with Shankar sir also. now I dont know where they are.
As far Srinivas sir is concerned he is still in touch, because he comes to Bangalore quite often because his brothers and sisters are here.

Pushapa madam was our Headmistress. she was very strict and everyone was afraid of her. she is one of the bravest women I have seen in my life. still she is running our school as Headmistress.

In high school, Three Teachers influenced me lot. Venkatesh sir(A.T.V), Mallikarjun sir(G.S.M), Kumarasawmy sir (H.R.K). These three remind me of Srinivas sir, Harish sir and Shankar Sir.

when you are in high school, as Teenager you are full youthfulness with lot of energy and dreams. and this is the age where we are easily attracted to anything that gives us pleasure and this is the age which is so vulnerable and prone to commit mistakes. whatever we do in this age is going to affect the rest of our lives.  

These Three Teachers made us to understand the problems of this age and they took care of us. they talked to us personally and they know about each and every student and his problems. They also conduct lot of  meeting with our parents also to understand what is happening in home. they always kept track of our activities and made sure that we are in right path.

They didn't restricted themselves to teaching the lessons of academics. They taught us the morals and values of life.

All of us attached personally to these Teachers. They used to encourage us when we did something good and condemned us severely when we did something wrong.

I always respect and remember my Teachers as long as I live.

Post a Comment

0 Comments